What's On in the CageOur events schedule is constantly updated so keep checking back to see what's happening at The Birdcage. From live music and bands to film festivals and screenings, vintage movie nights, art exhibitions, open mic events, quizzes and more, there's something for everyone at The Birdcage.
- Fri06Dec20137.00pmOne year ago we welcomed The quirky french outfit UKO. There back a year later to play the Birdcage... So come grab a mulled wine and enjoy some fantastic folk. £2
- Sat07Dec20137.00pmThe Marionettes Genres: Swing, 50's, Alternative, Rock n Roll We welcome back The Marionettes. Meet The Vintage Ladies who will transport you through time with their swinging harmonies and classic choreography... These ladies are dynamite! Dont miss this http://www.themarionettesmusic.co.uk/ £3 on door 7pm £3 on door 7pm
- Thu12Dec20137.00pmCome and Join us for an evening of shopping, styling and great music. DISCOUNTED VINTAGE clothes for the whole evening. Limited stock so get there early to avoid disappointment. First 15 people to arrive, receive special goodie bags. F.O.C 7PM
- Fri13Dec20137.00pmPaul Richards http://paulsimonrichards.wordpress.com/ Paul Richards is a playwright based in Cambridge, England, who often likes to talk about himself in the third-party. Primarily a comedy writer, Paul’s work has been performed across all the UK, with 10 Edinburgh Fringe shows, 4 Brighton Fringe runs, The Buxton Fringe Festival, WriteBites @ RADA (London), The Hotbed Festival (Cambridge), The Hen And Chickens Theatre (London), The Brockley Jack Theatre (London), Contact Theatre (Manchester), Clerkenwell Theatre (London), Welwyn Drama Festival, ADC Theatre (Cambridge) and plenty of other Cambridge performances all propping up his CV. Paul has had several plays published in the UK and two in Canada, has written the dialogue for a spoken-word festive album, Tinsel Face, and has also written scripts in collaboration with live music acts Dowsing For Sound and The Outlines for the stage. A YouTube series of performances of Paul’s plays, An Embarrassment Of Richards, was launched in early 2013. A beautifully made short film written by Paul, Gone Midnight, was also released around the same time. Current plans include three shows that are heading to this year’s Edinburgh Fringe festival (including Paul’s debut solo show, Things Could Be Marvellous) alongside the forthcoming recording of his radio/podcast sitcom, Technically Single. Paul is the co-founder of Fat Fox Productions, and is the Director Of Theatre for Lodestar Festival. £3 7pm£3
- Sat14Dec20137.00pmSivu/Marika Hackman Genres: Acoustic, Pop, Indie Sivu http://www.sivusivu.co.uk Sivu’s breakthrough single, Better Man Than He, received over half a million hits, and saw extensive radio support across the likes of Huw Stephens, John Kennedy, Phil & Alice and Steve Lamacq. His stunning debut video showed us precisely what goes on inside a musician’s head, after the 24-year-old volunteered to be filmed singing live within an MRI scanner His second single, Bodies, proves that there is more to Sivu than just the delicate beauty of ‘Better Man Than He’ - it’s an urgent and insistent piece of left-field pop, with its mix of acoustic and baroque atmospherics bearing closer influences from the likes of Wild Beasts or Arcade Fire. He may have started his career in the MRI-lights of a ‘singing brain’, but Sivu’s songs have a consistently examining edge – and they’re ultimately optimistic. with support from Marika Hackman.TICKETS: http://www.seetickets.com/event/sivu-marika-hackman/the-birdcage/742154/
- Thu19Dec20137.00pmclues and info to follow. But the theme is ALTERNATIVE CHRISTMAS MOVIES.f.o.c
My Big Sister presents Breakfast With Apollo #8 A night of independent music, community and collaboration7.00pmMy Big Sister presents Breakfast With Apollo #8 A night of independent music, community and collaboration She Makes War Schnauser Sarah Proudfoot Tickets are £5 advance from http://tinyurl.com/smwbwa8 or £6 on the door. Tickets are £5 advance from http://tinyurl.com/smwbwa8 or £6 on the door.